I know that everyone has their own musical palate, and what is dope to one might be whack to another, but I think we can safely assume that those listeners who dismiss Trippz Michaud‘s new video single are Idiots. Building on his January Booth debut, Oh Word, Michaud demonstrates his diverse musical style, fusing a solid Hip-Hop foundation (thanks in part to the haunting beat from Kajmir) with a smidgen of Rock. His lyrics take aim at sheep who do whatever they are told by society, which adds an element Punk music to the party. For more brash, genre-bending cuts, check out join the Connecticut emcee’s The Adventures of Trippz Vol. 1 EP, available for free via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/15/13
Submit your Rating
Rush Hour Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Word" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.