I know that everyone has their own musical palate, and what is dope to one might be whack to another, but I think we can safely assume that those listeners who dismiss Trippz Michaud‘s new video single are Idiots. Building on his January Booth debut, Oh Word, Michaud demonstrates his diverse musical style, fusing a solid Hip-Hop foundation (thanks in part to the haunting beat from Kajmir) with a smidgen of Rock. His lyrics take aim at sheep who do whatever they are told by society, which adds an element Punk music to the party. For more brash, genre-bending cuts, check out join the Connecticut emcee’s The Adventures of Trippz Vol. 1 EP, available for free via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/15/13
Submit your Rating
Rush Hour Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Word" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.