I know that everyone has their own musical palate, and what is dope to one might be whack to another, but I think we can safely assume that those listeners who dismiss Trippz Michaud‘s new video single are Idiots. Building on his January Booth debut, Oh Word, Michaud demonstrates his diverse musical style, fusing a solid Hip-Hop foundation (thanks in part to the haunting beat from Kajmir) with a smidgen of Rock. His lyrics take aim at sheep who do whatever they are told by society, which adds an element Punk music to the party. For more brash, genre-bending cuts, check out join the Connecticut emcee’s The Adventures of Trippz Vol. 1 EP, available for free via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/15/13
Submit your Rating
Rush Hour Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Word" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.