With the controversy around his previous work as a corrections officer behind him, Rick Ross is already back to work on his music, gearing up to release the first single from his April-bound album, Deeper Than Rap, on New Year’s Day. Following the junior release, his group, the Carol City Cartel (otherwise known as Triple C’s) will drop their long-overdue debut, Black Flag Music, which will mark the first project on Ross’ new label, Maybach Music Group. On their new street single, Ross, Gunplay Murdock, and Nitty Torch describe the process of putting their product in balloons for sale – a technique known as Yam. Produced by street superstar Drumma Boy, Yam will inevitably be criticized for its subject matter, but what fans need to remember is that it’s strictly geared for the streets, not for radio play.
Written by Burmy on 12/2/08
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You From ft. Brisco" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.