With the controversy around his previous work as a corrections officer behind him, Rick Ross is already back to work on his music, gearing up to release the first single from his April-bound album, Deeper Than Rap, on New Year’s Day. Following the junior release, his group, the Carol City Cartel (otherwise known as Triple C’s) will drop their long-overdue debut, Black Flag Music, which will mark the first project on Ross’ new label, Maybach Music Group. On their new street single, Ross, Gunplay Murdock, and Nitty Torch describe the process of putting their product in balloons for sale – a technique known as Yam. Produced by street superstar Drumma Boy, Yam will inevitably be criticized for its subject matter, but what fans need to remember is that it’s strictly geared for the streets, not for radio play.
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where You From ft. Brisco" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.