As recent events in the Midwest have again proven, black men are under threat by the very people tasked to protect them. While Trinidad Jame$‘s latest promotional cut is dedicated to a member of Atlanta’s finest, Mr. Officer has less to do with the horrors of police brutality and excessive force than the more mundane, everyday hassles the five-o inflict upon Americans of all colors. (Though, let’s be real, some colors more than others.) Backed by Keywane‘s surprisingly melodic, keyboard-led production, Jame$ struggles to discreetly dispose of some contraband, lest a routine tag check turn into something more serious. Some uncredited young’ns lend a hand on the sing-along hook. Mr. Officer is unattached to anything larger, but we’ll keep you posted on the artist’s plans as he continues his indie hustle.
Written by richard on 09/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Females Welcomed (Enferno Remix)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.