As recent events in the Midwest have again proven, black men are under threat by the very people tasked to protect them. While Trinidad Jame$‘s latest promotional cut is dedicated to a member of Atlanta’s finest, Mr. Officer has less to do with the horrors of police brutality and excessive force than the more mundane, everyday hassles the five-o inflict upon Americans of all colors. (Though, let’s be real, some colors more than others.) Backed by Keywane‘s surprisingly melodic, keyboard-led production, Jame$ struggles to discreetly dispose of some contraband, lest a routine tag check turn into something more serious. Some uncredited young’ns lend a hand on the sing-along hook. Mr. Officer is unattached to anything larger, but we’ll keep you posted on the artist’s plans as he continues his indie hustle.
Written by richard on 09/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Females Welcomed (Enferno Remix)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.