In the wake of Trinidad Jame$‘s split with Def Jam, those who have been shouting “one-hit wonder” from the get-go are undoubtedly feeling vindicated. But they shouldn’t congratulate themselves just yet. Today, the ATLien bounces back with a new single designed to shut the critics’ mouths. On H.O.M.E. (Hating On Me), Jame$ responds to his detractors with a hearty “F**k you!”, and reaffirms his commitment to the hustle. Fresh off having his hit single, Tuesday, remixed by hip-hop megastar Drake, ILOVEMAKONNEN jumps on Sonny Digital‘s low-key street instrumental to deliver a tuneful hook and guest verse. Trinidad’s next album, F*ck With Everybody but Trust No One, is slated to drop independently September 23. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 08/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Females Welcomed (Enferno Remix)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.