In the wake of Trinidad Jame$‘s split with Def Jam, those who have been shouting “one-hit wonder” from the get-go are undoubtedly feeling vindicated. But they shouldn’t congratulate themselves just yet. Today, the ATLien bounces back with a new single designed to shut the critics’ mouths. On H.O.M.E. (Hating On Me), Jame$ responds to his detractors with a hearty “F**k you!”, and reaffirms his commitment to the hustle. Fresh off having his hit single, Tuesday, remixed by hip-hop megastar Drake, ILOVEMAKONNEN jumps on Sonny Digital‘s low-key street instrumental to deliver a tuneful hook and guest verse. Trinidad’s next album, F*ck With Everybody but Trust No One, is slated to drop independently September 23. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 08/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Females Welcomed (Enferno Remix)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.