In the wake of Trinidad Jame$‘s split with Def Jam, those who have been shouting “one-hit wonder” from the get-go are undoubtedly feeling vindicated. But they shouldn’t congratulate themselves just yet. Today, the ATLien bounces back with a new single designed to shut the critics’ mouths. On H.O.M.E. (Hating On Me), Jame$ responds to his detractors with a hearty “F**k you!”, and reaffirms his commitment to the hustle. Fresh off having his hit single, Tuesday, remixed by hip-hop megastar Drake, ILOVEMAKONNEN jumps on Sonny Digital‘s low-key street instrumental to deliver a tuneful hook and guest verse. Trinidad’s next album, F*ck With Everybody but Trust No One, is slated to drop independently September 23. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 08/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Females Welcomed (Enferno Remix)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.