To paraphrase Victor Hugo, there’s no stopping an idea whose time has come—and, judging by the massive response to Trinidad Jame$’ debut single, it’s safe to say that we’re living in the age of All Gold Everything. Now signed to Def Jam, the rising rap star has used his new major-label platform to draw a few A-town heavy-hitters into the fold for his breakout hit’s official remix. Rumored to be just one part of a massive, “17-verse remix” of the record, this version of the cut finds T.I., Young Jeezy and 2 Chainz joining James to show off their own gold-bedecked ensembles over beatsmith M.e.‘s syncopated drums and string stabs. Fans can hear the album version of this cut and much more on Don’t Be S.A.F.E., available now for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 01/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Females Welcomed (Enferno Remix)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.