To paraphrase Victor Hugo, there’s no stopping an idea whose time has come—and, judging by the massive response to Trinidad Jame$’ debut single, it’s safe to say that we’re living in the age of All Gold Everything. Now signed to Def Jam, the rising rap star has used his new major-label platform to draw a few A-town heavy-hitters into the fold for his breakout hit’s official remix. Rumored to be just one part of a massive, “17-verse remix” of the record, this version of the cut finds T.I., Young Jeezy and 2 Chainz joining James to show off their own gold-bedecked ensembles over beatsmith M.e.‘s syncopated drums and string stabs. Fans can hear the album version of this cut and much more on Don’t Be S.A.F.E., available now for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 01/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Females Welcomed (Enferno Remix)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.