Way back in November, Trinidad Jame$ made his first Booth appearance thanks to an Enferno produced remix of Females Wanted. Five months and one Def Jam signing later, James is back with the original version of the cut, repackaged as a single by his new label. While his ever-changing cycle of ladies remains the same, the Shawn Hosea-produced beat will be a welcome sound to those who found Enferno’s dub-steppy production too much too handle. Sure this song has a slight electronic vibe to it, specifically at the end, but there is no denying how catchy it is; despite their best efforts, even some hip-hop purists, like myself, won’t be able to deny the song’s catchiness. There is no word yet on James$’ major label debut, but in the meantime, go back and check out Don’t Be S.A.F.E, released independently in January and for sale at the DJBooth.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll below to view Trinidad James’ Jonathan Mannion-directed Females Welcomed visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Females Welcomed (Enferno Remix)" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.