I’ve always wanted to set the record for “most words censored in a DJBooth intro,” and thanks to Trina’s new single My Bi**hes I think I’ve finally got a pretty good fu**king chance. The first we’ve heard from the Miami queen since January’s Million Dollar Girl, My Bi**hes is a classic Trina track in every sense of the word. The production, by Schife, is exactly the kind of electronically swirling beat sure to find a home in pu**y poppin strip clubs everywhere, and on the mic Trina is as unapologetically money hungry as ever. My only real complaint is the hook, which is not only comprised of the Shakespearean “my bi**hes, my bi**hes, I love, my bi**ches,” but does so in a somewhat annoying, How Low-esque chipmunk style. For more dopely obscene hip-hop be sure to check out Trina’s upcoming album Amazin’, whose release has (obviously) been pushed back from the original March 30 release date to a firm May 4. Oh, and nine censored words in one intro? I’d like to see anyone try to f**k with that.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/4/10
Submit your Rating
Rockstarr Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bout It Girl ft. Trina " (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.