Last year’s Amazin’ LP may have found Trina branching out from her gritty (and raunchy) usual to pursue more club/pop-oriented sounds, but don’t get it twisted – she still has both feet firmly on the asphalt. On the latest single off her forthcoming EP, the veteran femcee takes the opportunity to reaffirm her hood credentials, in the process schooling listeners on the everyday sights and sounds of the Ghetto. Backed by J Rock‘s minimal piano stabs and handclap-driven percussion, the Miami mainstay describes the inner-city streets in loving detail, from the liquor stores and tricked-out rides right down to the Timberland boots and fake nails. She even channels a little Jeff Foxworthy, telling fellas that “If you make your money easy and your swag is off the heezy and your favorite rapper Jeezy,” then you might be “motherf*cking ghetto.” Autotune maven T-Pain handles hook duties, encouraging all who are “country, hood, ratchet… opposite of bougie” to put their hands in the air. Craving more new material from the Baddest B*tch in the game? Seek and you shall find on Trina’s Diamonds Are Forever EP, due out March 28.
Written by richard on 03/7/11
Submit your Rating
Rockstarr Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bout It Girl ft. Trina " (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.