You may be able to catch more flies with honey than vinegar, but if you’re looking to make a money-and-power omelet you’re going to have to break a few eggs. Mixed metaphors aside, Trife Diesel knows full well that the road to illicit riches is paved with shell casings, so when he and Ghostface state their intention to make some paper “Respectfully,” you can rest assured that those playing with fire are going to get burned (okay, I’m done with the sayings). On the official lead single off Trife’s forthcoming debut full-length, the East Coast up-and-comer and his Wu-Tang mentor clue the streets in on just how serious they are about getting that cash, giving fair warning of what will happen to anyone who stands in the way of their hustle. Spitting over a gritty, synth-driven instrumental by Neenyo, the emcees leave no doubt that they mean business; while Ghost’s street storytelling is as impressive as ever, Diesel’s hard-nosed rhymes are sure to earn him reader praise in his own right. Trife’s Better Late Than Never LP is set to drop on the 21st, but fans should keep it locked to our front page in the meantime—next week, Trife will be stepping into the Booth for entry #71 in our exclusive freestyle series
Written by richard on 07/14/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.