Fresh off last Tuesday’s release of his 10th studio album, Bristol trip-hop stalwart Tricky makes his return to our pages with another choice cut off the project. Despite its apathy-tinged title, which echoes that of reader-approved lead single Nothing’s Changed, Nothing Matters is considerably higher-energy than the aforementioned jam. Over a driving, syncopated percussion rhythm punctuated by sampled brass stabs, Nigerian-German singer/songwriter Nneka addresses heartbroken, yet defiant lines to an ex. An unknown director’s atmospheric visuals round out the package. For this moody selection and much more, check out False Idols, out now via Tricky’s own label imprint of the same name.
Written by richard on 06/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing's Changed" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.