Fresh off last Tuesday’s release of his 10th studio album, Bristol trip-hop stalwart Tricky makes his return to our pages with another choice cut off the project. Despite its apathy-tinged title, which echoes that of reader-approved lead single Nothing’s Changed, Nothing Matters is considerably higher-energy than the aforementioned jam. Over a driving, syncopated percussion rhythm punctuated by sampled brass stabs, Nigerian-German singer/songwriter Nneka addresses heartbroken, yet defiant lines to an ex. An unknown director’s atmospheric visuals round out the package. For this moody selection and much more, check out False Idols, out now via Tricky’s own label imprint of the same name.
Written by richard on 06/2/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing's Changed" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)