Fresh off last Tuesday’s release of his 10th studio album, Bristol trip-hop stalwart Tricky makes his return to our pages with another choice cut off the project. Despite its apathy-tinged title, which echoes that of reader-approved lead single Nothing’s Changed, Nothing Matters is considerably higher-energy than the aforementioned jam. Over a driving, syncopated percussion rhythm punctuated by sampled brass stabs, Nigerian-German singer/songwriter Nneka addresses heartbroken, yet defiant lines to an ex. An unknown director’s atmospheric visuals round out the package. For this moody selection and much more, check out False Idols, out now via Tricky’s own label imprint of the same name.
Written by richard on 06/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing's Changed" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)