Detroit may still be recovering from the effects of our ongoing economic crisis but, as far as Trick Trick is concerned, his hometown’s still numero uno. On the latest single off his forthcoming third album, the street veteran joins forces with two fellow Motown natives to send a message to the rest of the nation: “Can’t none of y’all F*ck With My City!.” First to flow over Trick’s own ominous piano arpeggios and string stabs, guest emcee Guilty Simpson flaunts his firearms and reps the Westside on the front, while Marvwon takes it to the East in his middle verse, spitting: “Your clique ain’t winnin’ if your clique ain’t us.” The headliner drives the point home with some characteristically gruff closing bars. Trick Trick’s characteristically hard-nosed rhymes are sure to satisfy his street fanbase, but will CFWMC win the villainous emcee the widespread Booth support he’s lacked thus far? As always, the readers have the final say. For more, pick up a copy of Trick Trick’s The Bad Guy LP when it hits stores in May of 2010.
Written by richard on 11/15/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Work" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.