Detroit may still be recovering from the effects of our ongoing economic crisis but, as far as Trick Trick is concerned, his hometown’s still numero uno. On the latest single off his forthcoming third album, the street veteran joins forces with two fellow Motown natives to send a message to the rest of the nation: “Can’t none of y’all F*ck With My City!.” First to flow over Trick’s own ominous piano arpeggios and string stabs, guest emcee Guilty Simpson flaunts his firearms and reps the Westside on the front, while Marvwon takes it to the East in his middle verse, spitting: “Your clique ain’t winnin’ if your clique ain’t us.” The headliner drives the point home with some characteristically gruff closing bars. Trick Trick’s characteristically hard-nosed rhymes are sure to satisfy his street fanbase, but will CFWMC win the villainous emcee the widespread Booth support he’s lacked thus far? As always, the readers have the final say. For more, pick up a copy of Trick Trick’s The Bad Guy LP when it hits stores in May of 2010.
Written by richard on 11/15/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Work" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.