Considering the closest I get to war is a rousing game of Call of Duty, it’s safe to say I have no idea what it is like to be Battle Tested. For insight on the subject, however, I simply need to bump the latest collaborative promo single from Tribeca and DJ Cosla, which finds the pair waging war against sucker emcees. Setting the stage for Tribeca’s verbal onslaught, Cosla crafts a forceful, cut-riddled beat that will shake foundations like a WMD. Atop the production, ‘Beca riddles his competition with lyrical bullets, each one more corrosive than the last. The result should earn the collaborators the hip-hop equivalent of the Congressional Medal of Honor. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but those feeling it can watch our pages for the latest news and tunes from both Cosla and Tribeca.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/1/13
Submit your Rating
Market Men Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"True Lies" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.