When Trey Songz lets you know right off the bat that he’s gonna get a little nasty, prepare for a romp that’ll make you either blush or run to your nearest corner store for a pack of rubbers. The R&B lothario and his usual running mate Drake team up once more for Unusual, the latest single from Songz’ Passion, Pain & Pleasure album. If you’re expecting a rose and Quiet Storm type of groove from Andrew “Pop” Wansel and Oak here, you’re mistaken as they turn up the drums, hi-hats & synths for Songz to declare he’d sleep with his lady while her friends are in the room. Think of this as Love Faces without the sincerity and far more straight forward. Drake chimes in with calls to a woman directly stating his love for sexting and a threesome if need be. It’s another in a long line of those slightly vulgar verses Drake spits that will still somehow make a mother smile. Seeing that the Trey Songz Sings About Sex formula has sold so far, expect radio to be once again making Songz’ Unusual a “usual” hit.
Written by Brando on 04/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.