When Trey Songz lets you know right off the bat that he’s gonna get a little nasty, prepare for a romp that’ll make you either blush or run to your nearest corner store for a pack of rubbers. The R&B lothario and his usual running mate Drake team up once more for Unusual, the latest single from Songz’ Passion, Pain & Pleasure album. If you’re expecting a rose and Quiet Storm type of groove from Andrew “Pop” Wansel and Oak here, you’re mistaken as they turn up the drums, hi-hats & synths for Songz to declare he’d sleep with his lady while her friends are in the room. Think of this as Love Faces without the sincerity and far more straight forward. Drake chimes in with calls to a woman directly stating his love for sexting and a threesome if need be. It’s another in a long line of those slightly vulgar verses Drake spits that will still somehow make a mother smile. Seeing that the Trey Songz Sings About Sex formula has sold so far, expect radio to be once again making Songz’ Unusual a “usual” hit.
Written by Brando on 04/10/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.