Following the release of two free mixtapes, Trey Songz continues to push his digital-only Inevitable EP, which is home to good holiday humping music in the form of standout selection Sex Ain’t Better Than Love. Although the constantly thrusting DMV native is known for his raunchy and dirty lyrics, Songz wants you to know that it’s not all about sex and love conquering all. Produced by frequent collaborator Troy Taylor, the new single starts out with a sexy sounding guitar accompanied by the harmonizing of background vocals. When the first verse drops, Trey explains that although he “gets around,” no amount of sex could replace the feeling of being in love with that one special girl. Thanks to the record’s heavy drums, smooth guitars, and light piano melody, Sex is the perfect instrumental to turn the lights down to. Lyrically, Trey goes back to a simpler, purer time in R&B music, saying that despite all of the fun times he’s had with different women in the streets, he still can’t replace making love to the woman he’s in love with. Or is it possible Trey is growing up?
Update: Click “Listen Now” to watch Trey’s “Sex Ain’t Better Than Love” video.
Written by JRTheWriter on 12/20/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.