Following the release of two free mixtapes, Trey Songz continues to push his digital-only Inevitable EP, which is home to good holiday humping music in the form of standout selection Sex Ain’t Better Than Love. Although the constantly thrusting DMV native is known for his raunchy and dirty lyrics, Songz wants you to know that it’s not all about sex and love conquering all. Produced by frequent collaborator Troy Taylor, the new single starts out with a sexy sounding guitar accompanied by the harmonizing of background vocals. When the first verse drops, Trey explains that although he “gets around,” no amount of sex could replace the feeling of being in love with that one special girl. Thanks to the record’s heavy drums, smooth guitars, and light piano melody, Sex is the perfect instrumental to turn the lights down to. Lyrically, Trey goes back to a simpler, purer time in R&B music, saying that despite all of the fun times he’s had with different women in the streets, he still can’t replace making love to the woman he’s in love with. Or is it possible Trey is growing up?
Update: Click “Listen Now” to watch Trey’s “Sex Ain’t Better Than Love” video.
Written by JRTheWriter on 12/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.