Though Trey Songz hasn’t brought us a headlining feature since last December, when he stepped into the Booth with Fumble, the R&B heavyweight’s recent spate of guest appearances on joints by Sean Garrett (Twilight Zone), Busta Rhymes (Shake It) and Juicy J (Bounce It) seemed to indicate the singer was warming listeners up for the release of some fresh solo material. Sure enough, the singer makes his return to the spotlight with a new promo single that’s truly Sensational. And the song is pretty damn good, as well. Dedicated to a special woman in Songz’ life, this heartfelt selection finds the Songbook/Atlantic signee celebrating the myriad charms of the girl in question over beatsmith Troy Taylor‘s relaxed rhythm section and silky guitar riffs. It’s currently unknown what forthcoming project, if any, this record will be attached to, but we’ll keep you posted on the artist’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 07/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.