Though Trey Songz hasn’t brought us a headlining feature since last December, when he stepped into the Booth with Fumble, the R&B heavyweight’s recent spate of guest appearances on joints by Sean Garrett (Twilight Zone), Busta Rhymes (Shake It) and Juicy J (Bounce It) seemed to indicate the singer was warming listeners up for the release of some fresh solo material. Sure enough, the singer makes his return to the spotlight with a new promo single that’s truly Sensational. And the song is pretty damn good, as well. Dedicated to a special woman in Songz’ life, this heartfelt selection finds the Songbook/Atlantic signee celebrating the myriad charms of the girl in question over beatsmith Troy Taylor‘s relaxed rhythm section and silky guitar riffs. It’s currently unknown what forthcoming project, if any, this record will be attached to, but we’ll keep you posted on the artist’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 07/5/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.