Though Trey Songz hasn’t brought us a headlining feature since last December, when he stepped into the Booth with Fumble, the R&B heavyweight’s recent spate of guest appearances on joints by Sean Garrett (Twilight Zone), Busta Rhymes (Shake It) and Juicy J (Bounce It) seemed to indicate the singer was warming listeners up for the release of some fresh solo material. Sure enough, the singer makes his return to the spotlight with a new promo single that’s truly Sensational. And the song is pretty damn good, as well. Dedicated to a special woman in Songz’ life, this heartfelt selection finds the Songbook/Atlantic signee celebrating the myriad charms of the girl in question over beatsmith Troy Taylor‘s relaxed rhythm section and silky guitar riffs. It’s currently unknown what forthcoming project, if any, this record will be attached to, but we’ll keep you posted on the artist’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 07/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.