Though Trey Songz hasn’t brought us a headlining feature since last December, when he stepped into the Booth with Fumble, the R&B heavyweight’s recent spate of guest appearances on joints by Sean Garrett (Twilight Zone), Busta Rhymes (Shake It) and Juicy J (Bounce It) seemed to indicate the singer was warming listeners up for the release of some fresh solo material. Sure enough, the singer makes his return to the spotlight with a new promo single that’s truly Sensational. And the song is pretty damn good, as well. Dedicated to a special woman in Songz’ life, this heartfelt selection finds the Songbook/Atlantic signee celebrating the myriad charms of the girl in question over beatsmith Troy Taylor‘s relaxed rhythm section and silky guitar riffs. It’s currently unknown what forthcoming project, if any, this record will be attached to, but we’ll keep you posted on the artist’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 07/5/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)