When an Ordinary man spends an evening sipping mediocre liquor at a garden-variety club before taking a moderately attractive woman back to his so-so apartment, it’s a damn good night. For Trey Songz, that qualifies as a nightmare. On a freshly-minted loosie, the R&B heavyweight expresses his horror of all things run of the mill, showcasing his eminently smooth vocals over a trap-tinged beat by DJ Spinz. In between the headliner’s opening and closing verses, the equally exceptional Young Jeezy grabs the mic to spit about the far-from-average labels he and his women rock on the daily. As mentioned above, Ordinary isn’t part of a larger project. While you wait for details on Songz’s 2014 plans, why not take a(nother) listen to his last promo cut, Na Na?
Written by richard on 02/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.