In the the words of Antoine Dodson, “HIDE YA WIVES!” because there’s new Trey Songz on deck. If your girl is nowhere to be found and there’s a faint moan originating from the bedroom, don’t worry. This is totally normal when anything Songz related is in the vicinity, just be sure to check that she didn’t faint/drown/spontaneously combust while listening to the latest round of patented earsex in the form of his new mixtape single Top Of The World. While producer John “SK” McGee comes with the “silky, silky soul singer” ambient production, Songz gets reflective in his verses, lamenting how opposing forces are trying to bring President Obama down and imploring women to “check for more than stilettos.” World is set to be included on the Virginia native’s forthcoming R&B mixtape, Anticipation II, due Nov. 1. But wait, there’s more! (word to Billy Mays, RIP). If that’s not enough Songz for you, perhaps you’ll be pleased to learn he’s also releasing a rap tape on that same date. Yes people, you read that correctly - Trey Songz is releasing a rap mixtape on Nov. 1. It’s good to hear Mr. “I Invented Sex” briefly deviate from his usual formula, but somehow still make it all sound very, very hot. Maybe he will surprise us some more on Nov. 1 when both of his new projects drop, but until then…..
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 10/4/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.