While we were on break for the holidays, R&B heavyweight Trey Songz sneaked into our office and left a little something underneath the Christmas tree. Namely, a brand new loosie titled “Na Na.” Here, the Atlantic hitmaker reimagines the Fugees’ classic Fu-Gee-La as a sultry ode to sex and money. Superproducer DJ Mustard‘s exotic flute loops and bass-bumping rhythm section accompany the artist as he urges listeners to “Put your hands in the air if you’re f**kin’ tonight.” (If you even have to ask, Songz’s arms are up and waving.) This joint isn’t attached to a forthcoming project… yet. While you’re waiting for further details on Trey’s 2014 plans, why not check out his guest contribution to August Alsina‘s recent I Luv This Sh*t (Remix)?
Update: We have added the Gil Green-directed visuals for Trey Songz’ Na Na single.
Written by richard on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.