While we were on break for the holidays, R&B heavyweight Trey Songz sneaked into our office and left a little something underneath the Christmas tree. Namely, a brand new loosie titled “Na Na.” Here, the Atlantic hitmaker reimagines the Fugees’ classic Fu-Gee-La as a sultry ode to sex and money. Superproducer DJ Mustard‘s exotic flute loops and bass-bumping rhythm section accompany the artist as he urges listeners to “Put your hands in the air if you’re f**kin’ tonight.” (If you even have to ask, Songz’s arms are up and waving.) This joint isn’t attached to a forthcoming project… yet. While you’re waiting for further details on Trey’s 2014 plans, why not check out his guest contribution to August Alsina‘s recent I Luv This Sh*t (Remix)?
Update: We have added the Gil Green-directed visuals for Trey Songz’ Na Na single.
Written by richard on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.