Sometimes, when you feel overwhelmed by the constant flood of (not always very good) new music, you have to step away and go for that slower joint that will really let you catch your breath. Personally, I can name a few jams off of Jeezy‘s Thug Motivation 101 that do the trick for me, but I know just as many who like a nice ballad from a sentimental crooner. Trey Songz, who has set 2010 on fire with a slew of radio favorites, brings another possible ace off of his latest album, Passion, Pain and Pleasure. New single Love Faces is for the classy freaks who want to get nasty, but also maintain their semi-clean image, with Mr. Yuuup bringing his R. Kelly-esque intonations to a Troy Taylor beat. The overall effect isn’t particularly special, but the singer knows what his audience likes: sex. And if they can imagine him singing this song while doing the do, then that should equal additional album sales. I see you Trey, but uh… I’ll still take that slow, heavy Jeezy bass. Then again, I’m the last of a dying breed.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 12/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.