Sometimes, when you feel overwhelmed by the constant flood of (not always very good) new music, you have to step away and go for that slower joint that will really let you catch your breath. Personally, I can name a few jams off of Jeezy‘s Thug Motivation 101 that do the trick for me, but I know just as many who like a nice ballad from a sentimental crooner. Trey Songz, who has set 2010 on fire with a slew of radio favorites, brings another possible ace off of his latest album, Passion, Pain and Pleasure. New single Love Faces is for the classy freaks who want to get nasty, but also maintain their semi-clean image, with Mr. Yuuup bringing his R. Kelly-esque intonations to a Troy Taylor beat. The overall effect isn’t particularly special, but the singer knows what his audience likes: sex. And if they can imagine him singing this song while doing the do, then that should equal additional album sales. I see you Trey, but uh… I’ll still take that slow, heavy Jeezy bass. Then again, I’m the last of a dying breed.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 12/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.