In early August, Trey Songz couldn’t help but wait for a woman he knew was unhappy with her man. Five months, one album, and a bunch of hype later, Trey gets caught up in the limelight and ends up with a chick “on the side.” Not wanting to live a double life, the Virginia-native lets her know that tonight will be their Last Time. Following the current trend of “relationship issues are pulling my material in two separate ways” (Loso’s Make Me Better/Baby Don’t Go, K. Smith’s Better Man/Human Nature), expect Last Time to chart around the same place that Can’t Help But Wait was found. Last Time is the third single from Songz’ sophomore album, Trey Day, now available in stores and online.
Written by Burmy on 01/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.