Trey Songz’ declaration that he invented sex ranks right up there with Al Gore’s claim that he invented the internet in the “Um, You Definitely Didn’t Invent That” pantheon, but that didn’t stop Songz from making a damn good slow jam about his absurd claim, or from inviting Usher and Keri Hilson to join him on the remix. I Invented Sex (Remix), also known as I Re-Invented Sex, keeps the original’s Los da Mystro’s synth-soaked production intact but adds new verses from Songz (peep his psychic Tiger Woods reference, which he almost definitely recorded before the scandal broke), Usher, who basically invented the modern sexual r&b blueprint that Songz is following, and Hilson, who more than holds her own alongside the boys with some scintillating vocals and hilarious “soldier at attention” sexual entendres. These three may not have invented sex, but they sure make listening to music while having sex more enjoyable. This is the official remix to the current single, which fans can find on Songz’ DJBooth-approved album Ready, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/8/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.