Trey Songz’ declaration that he invented sex ranks right up there with Al Gore’s claim that he invented the internet in the “Um, You Definitely Didn’t Invent That” pantheon, but that didn’t stop Songz from making a damn good slow jam about his absurd claim, or from inviting Usher and Keri Hilson to join him on the remix. I Invented Sex (Remix), also known as I Re-Invented Sex, keeps the original’s Los da Mystro’s synth-soaked production intact but adds new verses from Songz (peep his psychic Tiger Woods reference, which he almost definitely recorded before the scandal broke), Usher, who basically invented the modern sexual r&b blueprint that Songz is following, and Hilson, who more than holds her own alongside the boys with some scintillating vocals and hilarious “soldier at attention” sexual entendres. These three may not have invented sex, but they sure make listening to music while having sex more enjoyable. This is the official remix to the current single, which fans can find on Songz’ DJBooth-approved album Ready, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/8/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.