Trey Songz’ declaration that he invented sex ranks right up there with Al Gore’s claim that he invented the internet in the “Um, You Definitely Didn’t Invent That” pantheon, but that didn’t stop Songz from making a damn good slow jam about his absurd claim, or from inviting Usher and Keri Hilson to join him on the remix. I Invented Sex (Remix), also known as I Re-Invented Sex, keeps the original’s Los da Mystro’s synth-soaked production intact but adds new verses from Songz (peep his psychic Tiger Woods reference, which he almost definitely recorded before the scandal broke), Usher, who basically invented the modern sexual r&b blueprint that Songz is following, and Hilson, who more than holds her own alongside the boys with some scintillating vocals and hilarious “soldier at attention” sexual entendres. These three may not have invented sex, but they sure make listening to music while having sex more enjoyable. This is the official remix to the current single, which fans can find on Songz’ DJBooth-approved album Ready, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.