As Alicia Keys, Lyfe Jennings, and Cassidy can tell you, the most opportune time for an artist to switch up his or her style is before their junior album. Following in their footsteps is singer Trey Songz, who has likewise gone through a recent image renovation that includes the shaving off of his signature cornrows (his new look is not pictured to your left, but will be seen in a photo/video shoot later this week) for his upcoming third album, Ready. When it comes to his musical style, however, Trey knows better than to fix what isn’t broken; on the first official single, he gives away his number (stop the Mike Jones comparisons) in hopes a lady will put it In Ya Phone. Providing the production are Troy Taylor and E. Miles’, whose work sounds like a combination of Jermaine Dupri and DJ Toomp. In a nutshell, Trey Songz once again hits the bullseye with In Ya Phone; a fact which will soon enough be reflected on the charts.
Written by Burmy on 09/2/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.