Since releasing sophomore album Trey Day, Trey Songz has grown considerably, both as an artist and as a man. Recently, the singer overhauled his image to match his more mature mindset, notably springing for a fade. This makeover comes right in time for the arrival of his third album, Ready. Now that buzz singles In Ya Phone and Brand New have had time to heighten listener anticipation, Trey has decided that the time is ripe to release his lead single, which sees him once again joining forces with songwriter Johnta Austin and production team Stargate (the combo that made Can’t Help But Wait a Grammy-winning hit). Tired of the one-night stands that accompany big-name status, the Petersburg, Virginia native realizes what it will take to make him feel truly complete: I Need A Girl. Traditional R&B depends on three things: vocals, writing, and production. In a nutshell, I Need A Girl has the whole trifecta, and should be just what Trey needs to get Ready a solid release date (look for it to drop this summer).
Written by Burmy on 03/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.