Since releasing sophomore album Trey Day, Trey Songz has grown considerably, both as an artist and as a man. Recently, the singer overhauled his image to match his more mature mindset, notably springing for a fade. This makeover comes right in time for the arrival of his third album, Ready. Now that buzz singles In Ya Phone and Brand New have had time to heighten listener anticipation, Trey has decided that the time is ripe to release his lead single, which sees him once again joining forces with songwriter Johnta Austin and production team Stargate (the combo that made Can’t Help But Wait a Grammy-winning hit). Tired of the one-night stands that accompany big-name status, the Petersburg, Virginia native realizes what it will take to make him feel truly complete: I Need A Girl. Traditional R&B depends on three things: vocals, writing, and production. In a nutshell, I Need A Girl has the whole trifecta, and should be just what Trey needs to get Ready a solid release date (look for it to drop this summer).
Written by Burmy on 03/10/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.