Since releasing sophomore album Trey Day, Trey Songz has grown considerably, both as an artist and as a man. Recently, the singer overhauled his image to match his more mature mindset, notably springing for a fade. This makeover comes right in time for the arrival of his third album, Ready. Now that buzz singles In Ya Phone and Brand New have had time to heighten listener anticipation, Trey has decided that the time is ripe to release his lead single, which sees him once again joining forces with songwriter Johnta Austin and production team Stargate (the combo that made Can’t Help But Wait a Grammy-winning hit). Tired of the one-night stands that accompany big-name status, the Petersburg, Virginia native realizes what it will take to make him feel truly complete: I Need A Girl. Traditional R&B depends on three things: vocals, writing, and production. In a nutshell, I Need A Girl has the whole trifecta, and should be just what Trey needs to get Ready a solid release date (look for it to drop this summer).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.