Despite what this record’s title might lead you to assume, this song isn’t a two-sided tale detailing Trey Songz’ and Sammie‘s involvement with one fickle female. Instead, She Ain’t My Girl finds the two R&B singers engaging in a little one-upmanship as they describe just how fine their respective ladies are. Like labelmate Pleasure P, Songz is perfectly happy being Boyfriend #2, and Young Yonny and Troy Taylor‘s music-box beat is sure to elicit further comparisons to the Pretty Ricky alumnus’ recent hit—though these similarities might tempt some listeners to break out the Haterade, such critics would be better-served simply accepting this record for what it is: proof of just how well Trey and Sammie know their audience. It remains undecided whether She Ain’t My Girl will appear on Trey Songz’ Ready (due out August 4th), or Sammie’s forthcoming, currently-untitled third album.
Written by Burmy on 06/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.