Despite what this record’s title might lead you to assume, this song isn’t a two-sided tale detailing Trey Songz’ and Sammie‘s involvement with one fickle female. Instead, She Ain’t My Girl finds the two R&B singers engaging in a little one-upmanship as they describe just how fine their respective ladies are. Like labelmate Pleasure P, Songz is perfectly happy being Boyfriend #2, and Young Yonny and Troy Taylor‘s music-box beat is sure to elicit further comparisons to the Pretty Ricky alumnus’ recent hit—though these similarities might tempt some listeners to break out the Haterade, such critics would be better-served simply accepting this record for what it is: proof of just how well Trey and Sammie know their audience. It remains undecided whether She Ain’t My Girl will appear on Trey Songz’ Ready (due out August 4th), or Sammie’s forthcoming, currently-untitled third album.
Written by Burmy on 06/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.