Despite what this record’s title might lead you to assume, this song isn’t a two-sided tale detailing Trey Songz’ and Sammie‘s involvement with one fickle female. Instead, She Ain’t My Girl finds the two R&B singers engaging in a little one-upmanship as they describe just how fine their respective ladies are. Like labelmate Pleasure P, Songz is perfectly happy being Boyfriend #2, and Young Yonny and Troy Taylor‘s music-box beat is sure to elicit further comparisons to the Pretty Ricky alumnus’ recent hit—though these similarities might tempt some listeners to break out the Haterade, such critics would be better-served simply accepting this record for what it is: proof of just how well Trey and Sammie know their audience. It remains undecided whether She Ain’t My Girl will appear on Trey Songz’ Ready (due out August 4th), or Sammie’s forthcoming, currently-untitled third album.
Written by Burmy on 06/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.