Despite what this record’s title might lead you to assume, this song isn’t a two-sided tale detailing Trey Songz’ and Sammie‘s involvement with one fickle female. Instead, She Ain’t My Girl finds the two R&B singers engaging in a little one-upmanship as they describe just how fine their respective ladies are. Like labelmate Pleasure P, Songz is perfectly happy being Boyfriend #2, and Young Yonny and Troy Taylor‘s music-box beat is sure to elicit further comparisons to the Pretty Ricky alumnus’ recent hit—though these similarities might tempt some listeners to break out the Haterade, such critics would be better-served simply accepting this record for what it is: proof of just how well Trey and Sammie know their audience. It remains undecided whether She Ain’t My Girl will appear on Trey Songz’ Ready (due out August 4th), or Sammie’s forthcoming, currently-untitled third album.
Written by Burmy on 06/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.