Plenty of songs get ‘remixed’ each week, but few actually qualify as true remixes. Since a remix is defined as an alternative version of a song, different from the original version, slapping on a guest rap verse that is 16 bars long simply doesn’t cut it. Clearly Trey Songz understands this concept and on Can’t Help But Wait he scraps the beat and his original vocals, in addition to adding Weezy F. Baby for those aforementioned 16 bars. The timing of the release is suspect, Atlantic just released Trey’s new single Last Time to radio, but planning aside it could go mano e mano with the original and clearly is up to par with the best material Songz has released in his young career.
Written by DJ Z on 01/24/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)