After the original version of the Troy Taylor and E. Miles-produced In Ya Phone drummed up its share of buzz, Trey Songz had no choice but to go back to the drawing board. On a newly-released remix, the Virginia bad boy takes a short trip to Brooklyn to pay a visit to Fabolous, who whispers sweet lullabies to all the single ladies in the club. The record, drawn from his forthcoming album, Ready, finds Songz more comfortable in his role as debonair Southern gent. With the help of this record, the ladies should be able to get their two-steps ready for the club… and have their Blackberrys waving in the crowd when they arrive. Though no official release date has been announced for the project, Ready will boast appearances from a cavalcade of top-tier collaborators.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/21/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.