After the original version of the Troy Taylor and E. Miles-produced In Ya Phone drummed up its share of buzz, Trey Songz had no choice but to go back to the drawing board. On a newly-released remix, the Virginia bad boy takes a short trip to Brooklyn to pay a visit to Fabolous, who whispers sweet lullabies to all the single ladies in the club. The record, drawn from his forthcoming album, Ready, finds Songz more comfortable in his role as debonair Southern gent. With the help of this record, the ladies should be able to get their two-steps ready for the club… and have their Blackberrys waving in the crowd when they arrive. Though no official release date has been announced for the project, Ready will boast appearances from a cavalcade of top-tier collaborators.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.