After the original version of the Troy Taylor and E. Miles-produced In Ya Phone drummed up its share of buzz, Trey Songz had no choice but to go back to the drawing board. On a newly-released remix, the Virginia bad boy takes a short trip to Brooklyn to pay a visit to Fabolous, who whispers sweet lullabies to all the single ladies in the club. The record, drawn from his forthcoming album, Ready, finds Songz more comfortable in his role as debonair Southern gent. With the help of this record, the ladies should be able to get their two-steps ready for the club… and have their Blackberrys waving in the crowd when they arrive. Though no official release date has been announced for the project, Ready will boast appearances from a cavalcade of top-tier collaborators.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.