Where most guys would tiptoe around the issue, Trey Songz takes the direct route—on this Brand New buzz single, the singer sidles up to a female he’s had his eye on all night and, after asking what she’s drinking (Patron, of course), he tells it to her straight: “Girl, I wanna leave with you so we can get it on.” Whether it’s Songz’ smooth pickup lines (“Tonight I’m gonna be your husband.”) or the fact that the shorty’s been sipping hard liquor for the last several hours, this approach seems to work like a charm (your mileage, however, may vary). Boasting dancefloor-packing synths and an unexpectedly catchy, guitar-driven bridge courtesy of Kenneth “Soundz” Coby, Brand New is the perfect record to prepare listeners for the early March release of Ready‘s official lead single (the album itself is due out this summer), and the exclusive interview that we will feature shortly thereafter.
Written by richard on 02/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.