Where most guys would tiptoe around the issue, Trey Songz takes the direct route—on this Brand New buzz single, the singer sidles up to a female he’s had his eye on all night and, after asking what she’s drinking (Patron, of course), he tells it to her straight: “Girl, I wanna leave with you so we can get it on.” Whether it’s Songz’ smooth pickup lines (“Tonight I’m gonna be your husband.”) or the fact that the shorty’s been sipping hard liquor for the last several hours, this approach seems to work like a charm (your mileage, however, may vary). Boasting dancefloor-packing synths and an unexpectedly catchy, guitar-driven bridge courtesy of Kenneth “Soundz” Coby, Brand New is the perfect record to prepare listeners for the early March release of Ready‘s official lead single (the album itself is due out this summer), and the exclusive interview that we will feature shortly thereafter.
Written by richard on 02/23/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)