Where most guys would tiptoe around the issue, Trey Songz takes the direct route—on this Brand New buzz single, the singer sidles up to a female he’s had his eye on all night and, after asking what she’s drinking (Patron, of course), he tells it to her straight: “Girl, I wanna leave with you so we can get it on.” Whether it’s Songz’ smooth pickup lines (“Tonight I’m gonna be your husband.”) or the fact that the shorty’s been sipping hard liquor for the last several hours, this approach seems to work like a charm (your mileage, however, may vary). Boasting dancefloor-packing synths and an unexpectedly catchy, guitar-driven bridge courtesy of Kenneth “Soundz” Coby, Brand New is the perfect record to prepare listeners for the early March release of Ready‘s official lead single (the album itself is due out this summer), and the exclusive interview that we will feature shortly thereafter.
Written by richard on 02/23/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.