Onomatopoetically-themed sex jams are a storied tradition in the R&B game (see just about any random Bobby V. single, for example), but “Boop!!!”? It sounds like the kind of thing you’d say when poking someone in the nose. As the guy who claimed to have Invented Sex, however, Trey Songz is an old hand at making the ridiculous sound hot; on this cut, the latest single off one of two street albums scheduled for release tomorrow, he does it again. Carlos “Los” McKinney and Chef Tone handle production duties, layering sultry synths over slow-rolling percussion as the singer pays tribute to a certain woman’s prodigious assets. Just how luscious is the rear-end in question? Well, when it’s approaching, Songz is reminded of a big-rig moving in reverse: “Your booty like a truck when you back it up on me (Boop! Boop! Boop! Boop!)” If this ode to shapely buttocks leaves you fiending for more, prepare for a double-dose of Trey Songz goodness tomorrow, when R&B mixtape Anticipation 2 and its rap counterpart, #LemmeHolDatBeat 2, touch down on Tuesday, November 1.
Written by richard on 10/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.