There are as many motivations to go to the club as there are people in the club: to hear all the latest hits, to move your body and blow off some steam, because your friends are going, because you work as a bouncer…uh… I take that back; there really aren’t that many. In fact, as far as dudes are concerned, it typically boils down to just 2 distinct Reasons: “the b**ches and the drinks.” On the latest single off Trey Songz’ fifth full-length, the R&B hitmaker freely admits admits that women and liquor are the only factors in determining his plans for the evening. Despite the simplicity of his motives, the Trigga finds ample material for his verses in the vast variety of females at the local spot; over Troy Taylor‘s minimal, syncopated grooves, he salutes shawtys of all races and localities, expressing a special appreciation for ”bad yellowbone[s].” Atlantic labelmate T.I. echoes Songz’ sentiments on the back, confirming, “If it wasn’t for the chicks up in this b*tch you wouldn’t find us.” A dancefloor-ready selection sure to get both genders out onto the floor, 2 Reasons is just one of many dancefloor-scorchers to be found on Chapter V LP, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers August 21.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.