There are as many motivations to go to the club as there are people in the club: to hear all the latest hits, to move your body and blow off some steam, because your friends are going, because you work as a bouncer…uh… I take that back; there really aren’t that many. In fact, as far as dudes are concerned, it typically boils down to just 2 distinct Reasons: “the b**ches and the drinks.” On the latest single off Trey Songz’ fifth full-length, the R&B hitmaker freely admits admits that women and liquor are the only factors in determining his plans for the evening. Despite the simplicity of his motives, the Trigga finds ample material for his verses in the vast variety of females at the local spot; over Troy Taylor‘s minimal, syncopated grooves, he salutes shawtys of all races and localities, expressing a special appreciation for ”bad yellowbone[s].” Atlantic labelmate T.I. echoes Songz’ sentiments on the back, confirming, “If it wasn’t for the chicks up in this b*tch you wouldn’t find us.” A dancefloor-ready selection sure to get both genders out onto the floor, 2 Reasons is just one of many dancefloor-scorchers to be found on Chapter V LP, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers August 21.
Written by richard on 06/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.