Baltimore native Trey Palms has lofty ambitions. Based on the title of his new single, Palms want to live life like Jamie Foxx’s character in the flick Any Given Sunday, Willie Beamen. Palms’s might want to reconsider, though, instead aiming to floss like Joe Flacco, who, after his Super Bowl MVP performance, is looking to sign a contract that would make Beamen’s look like chump change. Which athlete the rapper looks to mimic doesn’t matter; what does matter is that if he keeps putting out catchy, frat-rap tunes, he will have the Beamen/Flacco lifestyle in no time. Producer The Misfit looks to help the Booth newcomer on his rise to stardom with a fresh, fizzing beat, over which Palms brings an energetic flow that makes his party-centered bars hit stronger than a stiff shot of your favorite liquor. Even though its only February, Palms has big plans for the warmer months, as his Live on Dreams album is scheduled to drop early in the summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)