Baltimore native Trey Palms has lofty ambitions. Based on the title of his new single, Palms want to live life like Jamie Foxx’s character in the flick Any Given Sunday, Willie Beamen. Palms’s might want to reconsider, though, instead aiming to floss like Joe Flacco, who, after his Super Bowl MVP performance, is looking to sign a contract that would make Beamen’s look like chump change. Which athlete the rapper looks to mimic doesn’t matter; what does matter is that if he keeps putting out catchy, frat-rap tunes, he will have the Beamen/Flacco lifestyle in no time. Producer The Misfit looks to help the Booth newcomer on his rise to stardom with a fresh, fizzing beat, over which Palms brings an energetic flow that makes his party-centered bars hit stronger than a stiff shot of your favorite liquor. Even though its only February, Palms has big plans for the warmer months, as his Live on Dreams album is scheduled to drop early in the summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.