Baltimore native Trey Palms has lofty ambitions. Based on the title of his new single, Palms want to live life like Jamie Foxx’s character in the flick Any Given Sunday, Willie Beamen. Palms’s might want to reconsider, though, instead aiming to floss like Joe Flacco, who, after his Super Bowl MVP performance, is looking to sign a contract that would make Beamen’s look like chump change. Which athlete the rapper looks to mimic doesn’t matter; what does matter is that if he keeps putting out catchy, frat-rap tunes, he will have the Beamen/Flacco lifestyle in no time. Producer The Misfit looks to help the Booth newcomer on his rise to stardom with a fresh, fizzing beat, over which Palms brings an energetic flow that makes his party-centered bars hit stronger than a stiff shot of your favorite liquor. Even though its only February, Palms has big plans for the warmer months, as his Live on Dreams album is scheduled to drop early in the summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.