Baltimore native Trey Palms has lofty ambitions. Based on the title of his new single, Palms want to live life like Jamie Foxx’s character in the flick Any Given Sunday, Willie Beamen. Palms’s might want to reconsider, though, instead aiming to floss like Joe Flacco, who, after his Super Bowl MVP performance, is looking to sign a contract that would make Beamen’s look like chump change. Which athlete the rapper looks to mimic doesn’t matter; what does matter is that if he keeps putting out catchy, frat-rap tunes, he will have the Beamen/Flacco lifestyle in no time. Producer The Misfit looks to help the Booth newcomer on his rise to stardom with a fresh, fizzing beat, over which Palms brings an energetic flow that makes his party-centered bars hit stronger than a stiff shot of your favorite liquor. Even though its only February, Palms has big plans for the warmer months, as his Live on Dreams album is scheduled to drop early in the summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.