Like many of my fellow early 20-somethings, I have been fighting becoming an adult. Paying my monthly rent and bills, among many other responsibilities, is just no fun. While many try and stay forever young, Atlantic Records newcomer Trevor Jackson takes a different approach. On Like We Grown, his first DJBooth feature, Jackson impresses with an R&B cut that is centered around him taking his girl on a “grown man’s” date. Producers Eric Hudson and Andrew Clifton join forces for a clapping, chiming beat, behind which Jackson shares big plans that range from putting the top down on his car to going somewhere brand new (and probably a few other gown up things when the date ends). So, will Jackson’s smooth, confident style get the ladies prepping for a dream date or does he still have work to do? No larger project has been announced, but keep it locked; we got you covered at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/1/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)