Like many of my fellow early 20-somethings, I have been fighting becoming an adult. Paying my monthly rent and bills, among many other responsibilities, is just no fun. While many try and stay forever young, Atlantic Records newcomer Trevor Jackson takes a different approach. On Like We Grown, his first DJBooth feature, Jackson impresses with an R&B cut that is centered around him taking his girl on a “grown man’s” date. Producers Eric Hudson and Andrew Clifton join forces for a clapping, chiming beat, behind which Jackson shares big plans that range from putting the top down on his car to going somewhere brand new (and probably a few other gown up things when the date ends). So, will Jackson’s smooth, confident style get the ladies prepping for a dream date or does he still have work to do? No larger project has been announced, but keep it locked; we got you covered at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/1/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.