Like many of my fellow early 20-somethings, I have been fighting becoming an adult. Paying my monthly rent and bills, among many other responsibilities, is just no fun. While many try and stay forever young, Atlantic Records newcomer Trevor Jackson takes a different approach. On Like We Grown, his first DJBooth feature, Jackson impresses with an R&B cut that is centered around him taking his girl on a “grown man’s” date. Producers Eric Hudson and Andrew Clifton join forces for a clapping, chiming beat, behind which Jackson shares big plans that range from putting the top down on his car to going somewhere brand new (and probably a few other gown up things when the date ends). So, will Jackson’s smooth, confident style get the ladies prepping for a dream date or does he still have work to do? No larger project has been announced, but keep it locked; we got you covered at The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/1/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.