At my old age, I have to watch what I eat. That means that when McDonald’s Monopoly rolls around, I have to stop myself from going every day like I used to. At 16, Trevor Jackson probably doesn’t have to worry about his metabolism. Given that his newest single, Drop It, is used in the new Mickey D’s commercial, we can assume that he has little trouble collecting all the railroads. Though he’s only recently graduated from chowing down on Happy Meals, the emcee’s talent is Big Mac-sized. Atop the quirky, R&B-style production of Rice & Peas, Jackson showcases a smooth, yet commanding style as he belts out the record’s Range-penned tune. If you’re craving more from this young star, be sure to check out his first Booth feature, Like We Grown, featured back in March.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like We Grown" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.