At my old age, I have to watch what I eat. That means that when McDonald’s Monopoly rolls around, I have to stop myself from going every day like I used to. At 16, Trevor Jackson probably doesn’t have to worry about his metabolism. Given that his newest single, Drop It, is used in the new Mickey D’s commercial, we can assume that he has little trouble collecting all the railroads. Though he’s only recently graduated from chowing down on Happy Meals, the emcee’s talent is Big Mac-sized. Atop the quirky, R&B-style production of Rice & Peas, Jackson showcases a smooth, yet commanding style as he belts out the record’s Range-penned tune. If you’re craving more from this young star, be sure to check out his first Booth feature, Like We Grown, featured back in March.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like We Grown" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.