Having proven his music can work in the club (Cruise Music), the streets (Lock Me Up), and with the ladies (Autograph and Be Ya Man), internet phenom Trel Mack makes his listeners think on his newest street single. Paying homage to his fallen homie Mone Rock who was killed in Fall of ‘06, the Mack of the Year cites countless others who’ve died young. From Pac and Biggie to Aaliyah and Left Eye, Mack demonstrates how death often comes when you least expect it, in short, Laugh Now, Cry Later. XV‘s classic rock beat automatically garners style points for his sample of Bryan Adams’ Say Hello Say Goodbye. If you want to hear the model debut album, be sure to cop Mack of the Year when it’s released; it won’t cost you a dime.
Written by Burmy on 10/15/07
Submit your Rating
Street Knowledge Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Autograph ft. Crystyle" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label