Following the success of his free online album, Mack of the Year, Philly rapper Trel Mack continues to cover hip-hop’s many bases. As Three 6 Mafia‘s Juicy J explained to DJBooth in a recent interview, a female fan base is often the most important, because they make up most of the radio audience and essentially determine whether a single is a hit or miss. Taking that advice into consideration, Mack’s fan base will no doubt be pleased with his new single, Stormy Weather, which finds the young rapper ready to commit to a serious relationship. Style points are rewarded courtesy of Rico Levant‘s hookwork and C.E.O. Productions’ board work, both of which enhance Stormy Weather‘s potential hit power (should it be promoted nationwide), and will possibly lead to Trel being a mack in every town across the country.
Written by Burmy on 03/18/08
Submit your Rating
Street Knowledge Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Autograph ft. Crystyle" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.