Following the success of his free online album, Mack of the Year, Philly rapper Trel Mack continues to cover hip-hop’s many bases. As Three 6 Mafia‘s Juicy J explained to DJBooth in a recent interview, a female fan base is often the most important, because they make up most of the radio audience and essentially determine whether a single is a hit or miss. Taking that advice into consideration, Mack’s fan base will no doubt be pleased with his new single, Stormy Weather, which finds the young rapper ready to commit to a serious relationship. Style points are rewarded courtesy of Rico Levant‘s hookwork and C.E.O. Productions’ board work, both of which enhance Stormy Weather‘s potential hit power (should it be promoted nationwide), and will possibly lead to Trel being a mack in every town across the country.
Written by Burmy on 03/18/08
Submit your Rating
Street Knowledge Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Autograph ft. Crystyle" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.