Motivated by the success of his online-only debut, Mack of the Year, Philadelphia rapper Trel Mack is hoping to build a new movement – no, New Dynasty – with his follow-up. Centered around Kajmir Royale‘s sample of Jay-Z‘s The Ruler’s Back (the lead track from Blueprint), his new street single, No Problem, has the stage set for four Northeast (and one Midwest) rapper to begin that new era. Manhattan’s Donny Goines documents his journey from poverty to hip-hop success, the Bronx’s Clap Cognac feels it is his duty to bring back hip-hop’s birthplace to its former glory, Delaware’s Fred Knuxx is glad to be independent (on a major label he’d likely be shelved), and Chicago’s Marvo renews his vow to be committed to the streets. Saving the best verse for last, Mack looks back and states how proud he is of his movement – let’s hope it continues for a long time.
Street Knowledge Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Autograph ft. Crystyle" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.