Back in April, Mello Music Group rhymesayer Trek Life stepped into the Booth with Hometown Foreigner, a digital album which won a lofty 4.8-star rating from our readers. If those rave reviews (along with previously-featured lead single Just the Music) weren’t enough to convince you the project deserved a place on your hard drive, the freshly-released We Good should do the trick. Duke Westlake handles production duties on this leisurely jam, crafting a head-noddable, sampled backdrop for the Los Angeles repper’s introspective, yet self-assured bars. DMV phenom Oddisee and newcomers Belvi and Funklogik contribute similarly confident, conversational guest 16s. Has this breezy banger left you hungry for more? Then what are you waiting for—click here to stream and/or purchase Trek Life’s latest project right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/25/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"As the World Turns" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.