Back in April, Mello Music Group rhymesayer Trek Life stepped into the Booth with Hometown Foreigner, a digital album which won a lofty 4.8-star rating from our readers. If those rave reviews (along with previously-featured lead single Just the Music) weren’t enough to convince you the project deserved a place on your hard drive, the freshly-released We Good should do the trick. Duke Westlake handles production duties on this leisurely jam, crafting a head-noddable, sampled backdrop for the Los Angeles repper’s introspective, yet self-assured bars. DMV phenom Oddisee and newcomers Belvi and Funklogik contribute similarly confident, conversational guest 16s. Has this breezy banger left you hungry for more? Then what are you waiting for—click here to stream and/or purchase Trek Life’s latest project right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/25/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"As the World Turns" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.