If you’re angling to spark up a summer romance, you’d better get a move on. Well, technically summer hasn’t even begun yet (the solstice is on the 21st) but, in the interest of packing in as many good memories as possible before the inevitable bittersweet parting, you’d be well advised to start scoping out prospects now. To get you in the mood, I present Ana the latest promo single (and the first Booth feature) from Chitown trio Treehouse. Here, bassist Mike Ruby and drummer Aunnoy Badruzzaman exotically breezy, brass-accented instrumental sets the mood as frontman Rico Sisney spits about his affair with the title character: during a chance encounter at a cafe in España, he and Ana hit it off so well that they immediately started making plans for mañana. The next day, they meet at her place to eat lasagna, smoke marijuana and listen to Nirvana with Ivana, Ana’s pet iguana. OK, I kinda made that last part up—for the poignant and touching real story, you’ll simply have to listen for yourselves. While this wistful banger isn’t attached to a forthcoming project, fans should keep their browsers locked; something tells me we’ll be hearing more from Treehouse in the near future.
Written by richard on 06/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Growing Conscious" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.