When Chi-Town newcomer Tree ogles the dancers at his local strip club, he sees acres of bare flesh, but No Faces at all. What could be the cause? If I were a neurologist, I might diagnose him with prosopagnosia, a brain disorder inhibiting the ability to recognize individuals by their facial features. As a DJBooth track reviewer, I simply have to assume that he’s looking elsewhere. Song release number three off the arborescent emcee/producer’s next mixtape finds him showcasing his skills on both sides of the boards, crafting a soul-sampled beat to back him as he waxes poetic about the many, many women in his life. Always down to rhyme about his erotic adventures, fellow Midwesterner Danny Brown lends his flow to the final verse. For No Faces and many more fresh cuts, check out Tree’s Sunday School II: When Church Lets Out tape when it drops digitally next Wednesday, the 15th.
Written by richard on 05/8/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)