When Chi-Town newcomer Tree ogles the dancers at his local strip club, he sees acres of bare flesh, but No Faces at all. What could be the cause? If I were a neurologist, I might diagnose him with prosopagnosia, a brain disorder inhibiting the ability to recognize individuals by their facial features. As a DJBooth track reviewer, I simply have to assume that he’s looking elsewhere. Song release number three off the arborescent emcee/producer’s next mixtape finds him showcasing his skills on both sides of the boards, crafting a soul-sampled beat to back him as he waxes poetic about the many, many women in his life. Always down to rhyme about his erotic adventures, fellow Midwesterner Danny Brown lends his flow to the final verse. For No Faces and many more fresh cuts, check out Tree’s Sunday School II: When Church Lets Out tape when it drops digitally next Wednesday, the 15th.
Written by richard on 05/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.