When Chi-Town newcomer Tree ogles the dancers at his local strip club, he sees acres of bare flesh, but No Faces at all. What could be the cause? If I were a neurologist, I might diagnose him with prosopagnosia, a brain disorder inhibiting the ability to recognize individuals by their facial features. As a DJBooth track reviewer, I simply have to assume that he’s looking elsewhere. Song release number three off the arborescent emcee/producer’s next mixtape finds him showcasing his skills on both sides of the boards, crafting a soul-sampled beat to back him as he waxes poetic about the many, many women in his life. Always down to rhyme about his erotic adventures, fellow Midwesterner Danny Brown lends his flow to the final verse. For No Faces and many more fresh cuts, check out Tree’s Sunday School II: When Church Lets Out tape when it drops digitally next Wednesday, the 15th.
Written by richard on 05/8/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.