When Chi-Town newcomer Tree ogles the dancers at his local strip club, he sees acres of bare flesh, but No Faces at all. What could be the cause? If I were a neurologist, I might diagnose him with prosopagnosia, a brain disorder inhibiting the ability to recognize individuals by their facial features. As a DJBooth track reviewer, I simply have to assume that he’s looking elsewhere. Song release number three off the arborescent emcee/producer’s next mixtape finds him showcasing his skills on both sides of the boards, crafting a soul-sampled beat to back him as he waxes poetic about the many, many women in his life. Always down to rhyme about his erotic adventures, fellow Midwesterner Danny Brown lends his flow to the final verse. For No Faces and many more fresh cuts, check out Tree’s Sunday School II: When Church Lets Out tape when it drops digitally next Wednesday, the 15th.
Written by richard on 05/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)