When Chi-Town newcomer Tree ogles the dancers at his local strip club, he sees acres of bare flesh, but No Faces at all. What could be the cause? If I were a neurologist, I might diagnose him with prosopagnosia, a brain disorder inhibiting the ability to recognize individuals by their facial features. As a DJBooth track reviewer, I simply have to assume that he’s looking elsewhere. Song release number three off the arborescent emcee/producer’s next mixtape finds him showcasing his skills on both sides of the boards, crafting a soul-sampled beat to back him as he waxes poetic about the many, many women in his life. Always down to rhyme about his erotic adventures, fellow Midwesterner Danny Brown lends his flow to the final verse. For No Faces and many more fresh cuts, check out Tree’s Sunday School II: When Church Lets Out tape when it drops digitally next Wednesday, the 15th.
Written by richard on 05/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.