Those who haven’t spent time in the Midwest or other similarly chilly climates might not realize just how hard it is to form a understandable sentence when you’re outside in sub-zero temperatures, freezing wind lashing against your face. Thus, you won’t fully appreciate how hardcore Tree is for spitting outside in the midst of a Chi-town winter in the Creative Control-directed visuals for new single Busters. (OK, he may be lip-syncing, but the idea still sends shivers down my spine.) Luckily, the rhymesayer’s gruff verses, delivered over Frank Dukes’ ominous boardwork, are an equally compelling testament to his grit and resilience. After hearing the artist cut his competition down to size on this street-ready single, are you craving more fresh tunes? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop new mixtape Sunday School II: When Church Lets Out free of charge.
Written by richard on 06/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Faces" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.